Thursday, June 30, 2011

"Why you gotta be so Mean?"

    bul·ly
    1. Bullying is aggressive behavior that involves unwanted, negative actions.
    2. Bullying involves a pattern of behavior repeated over time.
    3. Bullying involves an imbalance of power or strength.
So, last night my 3 sisters and I were walking out of a movie theater. We were talking and laughing and having a good time. We were standing on the sidewalk when I noticed 4 girls were having a little tiff between each other. I pointed it out to my sisters and we laughed cause we thought they were 4 friends getting mad at each other. Probably fighting about some dumb boy. There we two girls to my left and two to my right. They had been standing about 3 feet from each other. I noticed the girls on my right were saying mean comments. They were telling the girls on the left they thought their hair was pretty and she probably had a lot of boyfriends. But than I noticed after they said that they would turn around and start laughing. It was clear now that these girls were just being plain old brats. They eventually left the girls alone and walked inside. My sister Amy decided she wanted to talk to the girls who were being brats so she walked into the theater to go speak with them. My sister Jamie, Kylie, and I went to the girls who were being picked on. We asked them if there was a problem. They had told us those girls were saying really mean things and were picking on them. We asked if they knew who they were? They hadn't know these girls from Adam. They said they happened to be in the same movie as the two girls and unfortunately sat in front of them. The two bully girls had been pulling their hair throughout the whole movie to the point where they couldn't even enjoy it. Than Jamie asked how old the girls were with tears about to pour out of her eyes she says "Were just 13." Oh I lost it. I went marching inside to find the two bully girls with my sister Amy. I walked up and said "What's your problem?" They looked like they were frightened. I than asked "How old are you?" They just looked at me. I asked again. They replied "13." I said "Than where is your maturity level on this one?" " What 13 year old pulls girls hair?" They replied "I'm sorry." I said "Don't say sorry to me. Say sorry to the girls you hurt." They went outside and yelled sorry. It just so happens their ride pulled up. They got in the car and my sister Amy followed them. She went up and told the mom how her daughter and friend had bullied these two innocent girls. The mom didn't seem to care either. My sisters and I felt so angry. That someone so mean, could pick on someone so innocent. The thing is it's happening everywhere! Even in Pleasant Grove, Utah people! I was just so frustrated for these girls. Bullying is not right. I hope those bully's really learned their lesson and realize how awful they were being.

3 comments:

  1. Oooohhh my blood started to boil as I read this. I wish I was there. I would have pummeled their A$$. Haha. Ok that was immature. But I would have.
    Poor girls. Way to stick up for complete strangers Jenessa. Miss you like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's sad how bullying is so real and isn't considered to be a big deal by people. Girls can be just plain mean, too, just crazy how they are so self-conscious that they have to totally trash someone else just to feel better. It's good you guys were there to help those girls, hopefully the bullies will think twice next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it makes me boil just thinking about it. I wanted to teach those girls what bullying was about...but than that would make me a hypercrit

    ReplyDelete