Friday, September 16, 2011

"I wanna be a Supermodel"

Okay, not really at all... But I do want to drop the lbs. Seriously.

On Monday my sister Jamie and I started a diet. A legit diet. I haven't felt great about my body, at all lately. Sure everyone critics their body but I haven't even felt healthy. That's a big deal. Right before Jake and I got married I felt really good about myself. I didn't have a six pack or anything but I felt confident. I even felt that my soon to be husband could see me naked. (hehe)

(this is me last August)
I don't look amazing but you cant see cottage cheese on my legs you can't see my pooch, and my face looks normal.
(This is me in June/July)

I look about 5 months prego (I'M NOT) my arm is the size of my thigh last summer, and my face looks like a swelled balloon.

What happened?? Seriously? Well, let's pretend since it happens to a lot of people that I gained 5-10 from getting married. Because, honestly since I have been married we eat whatever and whenever. That's not healthy. Than I was on birth control which is rumored to make you gain and than I switched on to another birth control. So that is my excuse. I knew I had gained some serious weight though because the jeans I wore in my engagements, I can't even get them up my thighs. I was/am feeling a little pathetic. I felt I wanted to make a change all summer long. Than my sister expressed she wanted to lose some weight together so we could help and encourage each other.

On Sunday we weighed in. I was so shocked by my weight. I even took the number down by 3 lbs. cause I had weighed in clothes and at night. On Monday we started a 1,200 calorie diet. The first three days were SUPER hard. I was starving, than I worked a night shift and was feeling like I might hunch over and die. But it's always darkest before the dawn right?? So it has been about 5 days. I already feel healthier (imagine that) and I feel like I'm not trying to squeeze into all my clothes. Today I weighed in this morning and I was down!! Hallelujah! I have already lost somewhere between 3-5 lbs. I'm not positive considering the circumstances I weighed in on Sunday. But still I feel like I can do this!

Now I really don't want to be a size zero, cause that's not realistic or healthy for MY body. I just want to feel healthier and like my normal self. So I will tell you more as time goes on about my journey of the weight loss!

4 comments:

  1. First of all I want to tell you how proud I am of you! Not because your doing a diet but because of your mature and healthy perspective about YOU and YOUR body. I live that your doing something because you don't feel great, instead of doing it because so and so is a size 2 so I should be to! I think it's so good to look back when you FELT your personal best and have that be your goal! Your awesome Jen. I live your whole attitude about it, it's refreshing.
    Also I am very proud that you are sticking to this diet so faithfully. It's SO hard an your doing great! I was so nervous to make you dinner the other night b/c I wanted it to taste good and be filling but not be too many calories. Your workin so hard! I am really excited for you to feel better about you;) I love you lots and lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ky's thanks so much!! I appreciate all the support and help! It helps to read a comment like this cause it just makes me want to work harder. Your awesome.

    P.S. your meal was great, it was so filling, and I even had a dream about making another pizza like that last night. Only downside I had ZERO of the supplies haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again, feeling the same way. I've gained weight since I've been married and have been soooo down on myself. I really need a change as well. I used to be a hard core go to the gym person and now I don't because I feel like I don't have time. I realize I need to make time. Maybe I need help being inspired and motivated as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously!! This diet has been great. I have already lost 8 lbs and feel so much better about myself. I love that i am doing it with my sister to cause its definitely motivation!

    ReplyDelete