Monday, March 17, 2014

Viva Las Vegas!

For Christmas, Jake bought me tickets to see Celine Dion in Vegas. I was ecstatic! This weekend I finally got to cash in my present and we took a quick trip down to Las Vegas for the weekend. To say we were excited was an understatement. This trip was so needed at this time in our life. It was such an amazing break! We left Friday after Jake got off work, we left later then we wanted, but it all worked out!

We have two traditions, obviously snacks for the drive down (dont worry there IS an apple in that picture), and to stop at the Dairy Queen in Beaver for dinner and ice cream. It's not even that exciting or delicious but it's tradition! So you HAVE to go!
We finally arrived at our hotel at 10:45 Vegas time, but Utah time it was almost midnight, which were usually asleep by then. After driving 6+ hours we were exhausted so we went right to bed! Exciting huh?

The next morning we both slept in till 9 which was heaven on earth! Jake never sleeps in so it was amazing we both did! We hit up Einsteins for breakfast and then headed straight to the pool. The pool was an indoor pool which was disappointing, but luckily they had a sundeck with lounge chairs so I could soak up the 79 degree weather! 

So here is the thing, we got our hotel for free...but the catch was we had to sit through a presentation for their hotel. It was supposed to be only an hour and a half, we ended up walking away 3 hrs later! It was so annoying! But hey our hotel was basically free! And we took this cute picture in the mean time!

Finally it was time! We got all dressed up and headed to the Colesseum for dinner. We had first gone to the Venetian for dinner but realized it would take too much time, then drove to Caesars Palace. We went to three different restaurants but didn't love the wait time or what they had to offer. We finally just decided to go to Cheesecake Factory. I was sad we weren't doing something local but they got us in, in 3 mins. And guess what it was the best food I have ever had at Cheesecake Factory. I got a rib eye steak, and sweet potato fries and the steak was huge and delicious! I felt guilty not finishing it all! Anyways we were fed and ready to sing our hearts out to Mrs. Dion!
The show was incredible! Of course! Would you expect anything else? It was my first time at this show, but I had seen here twice the last time she was in Vegas. She just makes me want to cry. I love her! She rocks my world! I also found out that she had done IVF a total of  8 times to get her three kids! So if she can do it, I can too! 


Jake had been wanting to gamble so we tried the Slots for a while but Luck was not on our side. So he really wanted to do Blackjack, it intimidates me, so I let him just do it. He did really good and put $20 down and it went down and then he got all the way up to $40 and lost it all hahaha! He could not stop talking about it the rest of the trip! We finally were tired enough and headed back to the hotel.
We woke up the next morning and wanted to do a Buffet for breakfast, but after talking to my friend Linsey she told me we had to try this breakfast joint called Blueberry Hill! 
UH-MAZING. Literally best breakfast I have ever had, we will definitely eat there next time we are in Vegas!

We headed home after breakfast, and it all was perfect. Not too long and long enough to get a break from reality! We had so much fun and I am so grateful to my hubbie for getting us the tickets and making this happen! He is the best!




No comments:

Post a Comment