Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Back to Square {1}

Jake took his second semen analysis test almost a week and a half ago. They told us we would hear results back within the next week. Well that week passed and we had not heard a thing. But life happened and I got super busy and forgot about it, till my sister called me to ask if I had known the results yesterday. It hit me that I never got a call. So today I called them to find out that there were some concerning results. Which the Dr. had told me in my original consult that there were some concerning results earlier but he didn't trust that semen analysis 100%.

So here were the tests as follows (some of if wont make sense):

Element:                 Result:      Normal Value:
Volume                    0.9             1.5
Concentration           7.5             15
Total Sperm Count   6.75million  39 million 
Motility                     49%           40%
Total Motile Count    3.31           9 million
Progression               2.0             2.5
Morphology              11%           15%

Intrepretation:

Volume-Very Low
Concentration-Very Low
Motility (poor swimmers)-Normal
Morphology (abnormally shaped)-Low

Recommended:
IVF (In vitro Fertilization)  or ICSI (Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection)

Now that was just what the lab report says. I talked with the nurse and she wants me to still do my blood work and ultrasounds and than we wait for the results and than consult with the Dr. on our options. I am a little nervous with the results but happy for answers. I do feel like were starting over...again. But lets hope the Dr. has some positive plans for us. :)


1 comment:

  1. Good luck with everything, Jenessa! It's hard not to get discouraged I bet with all of this. My friend from nursing school did invitro SEVEN times, and now they are finally having triplets through a surrogate! The Lord works in mysterious ways, but everything that happens, happens for a reason :).

    ReplyDelete