Friday, May 17, 2013

1st Mother's Day

This year marked my first Mother's day! I was so flippin excited. That day was super emotional day for me. I was just overwhelmed with my blessings and how lucky I was. But I will come back to that let's start with some pictures!

Jake was SUPER excited to give me my first Mother's day gift! He woke me up first thing in the morning to give them to me. He got me a really cute Magnet board that's a deep orange color. Than a baseball sign to go in Ashton's room. And the last thing was a sign that he wanted me to have cause it reminded him of me. "Give me patience...But please hurry!" 


This is my baby boy and me right before church. I am so happy to be his momma. He is my joy. 

After church we went to my mom's for dinner. The men obviously cooked. It was delish as always. My mom always gets us mom gifts. I was so happy that I wasn't the only sister left out this year. We also spoiled our momma with gifts.

My sister Jamie went to her mother in laws but we went in on a gift together for my mom and she LOVED it! 

Than at around 8, Grammie Les and Papa Mark came over to see Ashton and we both exchanged gifts. I was so excited to see them. This was another reason I was so emotional, I saw them and just felt so grateful because they are the reason I was celebrating this mothers day and they are the reason my life officially feels complete. Plus I made there day, cause they hadn't seen Ashton in a week so they were happy!



I don't know if it was cause of mothers day or what but this week was my official week of feeling "mom status". I felt like I am Ashton's mom and we are a family and it didn't feel random anymore. I feel like this is my calling. That sunday morning I was rocking him and I just started sobbing. This is all I have ever wanted to be and it finally happened and I am ecstatic. I love being a mom, it is the most incredible thing. I would have 8 kids if I could. (okay maybe not 8 cause I would go bat shit cray cray) But all those months of infertility and pain and sorrow and they are fulfilled and I couldn't be happier. I feel as if I am in a dream but than this past week has been reality and I am on cloud 9. There is a quote that motherhood is a calling and I believe it. I know I am destined to do this and its something I LOVE!! I just wish children and babies on everyone. Cause honestly its been the most amazing thing. Don't get me wrong we have had some bad days. But I look at that little boy and love him and everything is okay again. I can't imagine doing anything else than being a mom to Ashton and my other future children. Its incredible. 







No comments:

Post a Comment