Thursday, May 30, 2013

A day with {Ashton}

Here is how my little life goes now that I have an Ashton. It's definitely different. But not bad at all. I am very lucky to adopt such a easy going kid for the most part. And he actually enjoys being with Jake and I! Any who... lets begin.

The day starts out anywhere from 7:30 to 8:30.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013
8:00-8:15 AM:
Get up. Give mom big grins from our crib and drink a bottle. Either back in moms bed or downstairs.


8:15-9:45 AM:
We eat breakfast at this point and get dressed for the day. Than we play till its nap time or clean. Today, Ashton was extremely tired from the day before so we got dressed and played and went to nap early.




9:45-9:55 AM:
Snuggle time! My favorite.

Nap time ranges from 1-3 hrs. I am very extremely lucky. During nap time I have mommy time. i.e. Go back to sleep, get ready, clean, watch tv etc. 
9:45-11:15 AM:
I got ready and watched Grey's Anatomy. I used to feel guilty because I thought I need to be more productive but I deserve my own time and to do what I want with it.
11:15-11:30 AM:
Ash woke up, we went in my room and played for a bit. We were going to run errands but it was raining and to haul a baby back and forth in the rain is a thumbs DOWN! So we stayed home instead. 

11:30-12:15 PM:
Lunch time!! Lunch usually consists of what mom is eating and crackers. Or anything I can come up with that he can feed himself and is the mood for. UGH!


12:15-1:00 PM:
Cleaning and more playtime. Except like I said today was a day he was extremely tired. So what did we do? He cried till I would hold him while I would clean. So nothing got clean. So Ashton got to be put to sleep for another nap way sooner than planned. 

1:00-4:15 PM:
I cleaned and Ashton slept. I caught up on some things I needed to do without a baby near too. Such as crafts, organizing.

4:15-5:20 PM:
Ashton woke up a little bit happy. We waited for dad and ate snacks. Ashton got super ornery and tired with me. So when dad walked in mom was READY! Yay DAD!!
5:20-6:00 PM:
Dad always comes home and relieves mom. He takes Ashton for a walk or plays with him till dinner. Mom just relaxes or cooks dinner.
6-7:00 PM:
Dinner time! Once again we feed Ashton whatever were eating or we will cook him something small but separate. Tonight we went out to eat. 

We gave him ice cream. haha this was his face!

7-7:30 PM:
Dad plays again with Ashton or takes him on a walk. Usually were all doing something together or Im cleaning while Jake entertains. We are trying to wind down at this point for bedtime.

7:30-8 PM:
BATHTIME!! Ashton's favorite activity. He just giggles and giggles at the water. We LOVE IT! This also gets him worn out and put in his mind that he is just about ready to go to bed. It helps him fall asleep easier!

The rest of the night is left for Jake and I! We usually just relax on the couch and try to spend any quality time we can get together. Other times we do the things we need to for the next day or have been putting off the whole day. We usually go to bed around 11, and every night before we go to bed I have to sneak in Ashton's room and just peek at him sleeping. It's one of my favorite things!












No comments:

Post a Comment