Saturday, January 18, 2014

V-day Crafts

Oh I love crafts. I wish I had all the money to make the crafts I want. But alas, I do not! Anywho, I was able to make 3 crafts for this upcoming Valentines and I'm obsessed!

First: 3 new Valentines Canvas'.
I wrote a post about how to make these canvas earlier, you can find it here! I had both the glitter and paint, so I only had to buy the canvas'. However the stripped one is a little different from the glitter, but it was simply putting black paint on stripes and hot gluing red buttons on, I still have to fill it in with more red buttons, but the craft store has been out! :(

Second: I once again had everything to make this craft so it was free and that's how I got away with making three crafts! 
You need: Burlap (any kind; you can cut it however you want)
Twine
Paint

So simple and can be so cute. I literally just painted little hearts on my square of burlap and hot glued twine to the back! Simple and cute!


Third: This was my most favorite craft! I literally may make one for every holiday, so easy and turned out so flipping cute! 
Distressed Mason Jars
You need: Mason Jars (i did pint size, you can do any)
Acrylic paint (any color)
Acrylic sealer (right next to the acrylic paint at hobby lobby)
and the last secret weapon - A NAIL FILE

I didn't take a picture by picture cause this is so easy, a caveman could do it. hehe Okay literally paint any color of your choosing and let dry ( I ended up doing 3 coats) then paint the sealer so you don't have chips and it has a nice sheen. Let dry. Then this is the fun part take the nail file and shave on all the letters and anything that is sticking out of the mason jar. I even distressed some holes in it to make it look real. You can use anything to sand it, but I found the nail file doesn't take chunks off and it is easier to use to manipulate. 

This is what it turned out like:

Can you say pure heaven? And did I mention how easy? Ah I love it!




No comments:

Post a Comment